ICCOB Affirmation of Faith
Indian Creek Church of the Brethren Affirmation of Faith
The Congregation ...
- Is founded upon the faith that there is but one God who is a personal God, who in holy love creates, sustains and orders all.
- Confesses Jesus Christ as the Lord of the Church and all life.
- Believes that the Holy Spirit is at work in the hearts and minds of believers, creating and sustaining the church through the Gospel, giving guidance and comfort and uniting believers with their Lord and with one another.
- Maintains the New Testament as its only creed and rule of faith. . . . Through His Holy Word, God still speaks and continues to accomplish His redemptive purpose.
- Believes that the Gospel is the Good News that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.
- Holds that the Church is the body of Christ and is under the Lord's mandate to be faithful in accepting and transmitting the Gospel by word and deed.
- Considers that all members of the congregation are responsible for the total ministry of the Church.
- Accepts the ministry of the Church to be the proclamation and fulfillment of the Gospel for all people both near and far, and the nurture of individual believers in the Christian faith and life.